For More Information About This Event, Please Visit This Link: http://www.epilepsy.org.uk/involved/local-events/treatment-options
When ? : 16 February, 2013
Time of Event: 12pm to 4pm
Where ? : The Watershed, 1 Canons Road, Bristol, BS1
Cost of Event: £6 / £4 (cons)
This series of half day events across England and in Wales will give information to people with epilepsy. They will be about the options for treatment beyond medication in difficult to control epilepsy.
People attending will have the opportunity
- To gain knowledge on epilepsy and medication to control seizures
- To be aware of treatment options beyond medication
- To be aware of surgery as a treatment for people with epilepsy
- To gain knowledge on the social aspects of living with epilepsy and the support available from Epilepsy Action
Cyberonics, manufacturers of the vagus nerve stimulation system (VNS) have generously sponsored these events.
The sessions will cover
- Epilepsy and medication to control seizures
- Surgery for epilepsy
- Vagusnerve stimulation (VNS)
- Ketogenic diet as a treatment for children with epilepsy
- Complementary therapies
- Personal experience of using VNS
Information about epilepsy and the work of Epilepsy Action will also be included
Each event will have presentations from medical staff and Epilepsy Action staff. Volunteers will be present providing information for people to take away with them.